Frequently Asked Questions
- How much do these courses cost?
- Summer course fees are posted by UCD Summer Sessions. The approximate cost is $300/unit, plus additional fees. The cost of the courses varies based upon what kind of student you are, so please see Summer Sessions. There are also scholarships available, learn more here.
- How do I apply?
- BML summer applications will be available online in mid-January.
- I am a commuter student and I only want to take one class. For your classes listed as 1 day/week, when will they meet?
- Scheduling is still underway. However, our Summer Session 2 courses are scheduled such that they do not overlap. Our faculty recommend planning to attend classes from 9am-5pm; the exact times and days will vary with the class.
- I am a Sonoma County resident, and I want to take several courses - do I need to pay for room + board at BML?
- You are not required to do so, but we do recommend this option since so many students find the residential experience at BML to be a fabulous component of their BML experience.
- How do I request housing for my summer session?
- You will request housing with meals within the official course application.
- How much does housing with meals cost?
- $3,627.00 per Summer Session. Students that sign up for room and meals will be billed through their UCD Student Account. All rooms are considered double occupancy with a private bath, two twin beds, two dressers, two desks and large closet. More information about BML Housing can be found here.
- Can I stay at BML Housing and pay for meals occasionally or must I purchase the full plan for the 6 week session?
- No, summer students that choose to live on site must pay for the entire 6 week session.
- I am currently a high school Junior, or a Senior getting ready to move to college next year. Are these courses open to me?
- No these courses are not appropriate for high school students, but any student from any college (local or not) can apply for these courses.
- Who are the instructional faculty at BML?
- Meet the faculty at BML
More questions? Please contact Ellie Fairbairn @ BML (707) 875-2045.